Allium sativum, commonly known as garlic, is a species of the onion genus, Allium.
Its close relatives include the onion, shallot, leek, chive, and rakkyo. With a history of over 7,000 years of human consumption and use, garlic is native to central Asia and has long been a staple in the Mediterranean region, as well as a frequent seasoning in Asia, Africa, and Europe. It was known to Ancient Egyptians and has been used both as a food flavoring and as a traditional medicine.
Benefits Of Garlic
1. Garlic Contains a Compound Called Allicin, Which Has Potent Medicinal Properties
2. Garlic Is Highly Nutritious But Has Very Few Calories
3. Garlic Can Combat Sickness, Including the Common Cold
4. The Active Compounds in Garlic Can Reduce Blood Pressure
5. Garlic Improves Cholesterol Levels, Which May Lower The Risk of Heart Disease
6. Garlic Contains Antioxidants That May Help Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
7. Garlic May Help You Live Longer
8. Athletic Performance Can be Improved With Garlic Supplementation
9. Eating Garlic Can Help Detoxify Heavy Metals in the Body
10. Garlic May Improve Bone Health
11. Garlic Is Easy to Include In Your Diet and Tastes Absolutely Delicious